Buy Flagyl online
Flagyl Consumer's Guide
Flagyl (Metronidazole) is an orally administered antibiotic used in the treatment of several different types of infection, caused by certain bacteria and parasites. Flagyl is commonly applied to treat infections caused by anaerobic bacteria (those that thrive in airless conditions) affecting the skin, blood, bones, joints, lungs and airways, digestive tract, reproductive organs, central nervous system, heart and other internal organs, as well as various infections caused by amoeba.
Other facts concerning Flagyl (Metronidazole) include:
- The active component in Flagyl is metronidazole, a medical substance otherwise referred to as a nitroimidazole antibiotic. This medication inhibits certain processes within the cells of bacteria, preventing their growth and causing them to steadily degenerate, effectively eliminating them.
- Flagyl is ineffective in treating viral or fungal infections, and will not help with such conditions as the flu or the common cold, even if their symptoms might resemble certain conditions treatable with Flagyl.
- Although you can buy Flagyl online, we recommend that you consider this option only after you have made sure that this antibiotic will be appropriate in treating your particular infection. Certain types of bacteria may not respond well to the treatment with Flagyl, requiring a different antibiotic instead.
Conditions that Can be Treated with Flagyl
Among the numerous conditions being indicated as treatable with Flagyl, some of the most noteworthy ones include:
- Abdominal bacterial infections (bacterial peritonitis),
- Infections of the blood, bones, and joins,
- Liver abscess, and other forms of liver infection,
- Infections affecting the female reproductive organs,
- Abdominal pain and diarrhea caused by intestinal parasites,
- Inflammation, itching and pain when affected by vaginitis,
Although this list does not include all of the indicated condition, the diversity of the mentioned infections makes it clear that Flagyl can be applied in a vast number of situations. However, there still exist several types of bacteria that will not respond to the treatment with Flagyl, making it necessary to perform specific medical tests in order to make sure your condition can be treated with this drug. If you are looking to buy Flagyl online, know that most doctors will not force you to perform these tests if your condition does not show any signs of a severe underlying disorder, and will advise you to take this antibiotic and to see the results in practice. Yet, if your condition indicates clear signs of a serious infection, these tests will be absolutely necessary to avoid prescribing you with large doses of antibiotics that might not work in your case.
Commonly Prescribed Dosage for Flagyl
Due to the vast number of conditions indicated as treatable with Flagyl, several distinct dosage regimens exist for each particular type of infection, which are further adjusted based on its degree of severity and several other factors.
If you are looking to buy Flagyl online, provided below is the basic dosing standard for Flagyl:
- When treating infections in adults, the standard dosage amounts for Flagyl usually range from 750mg a day to up to 4g a day, divided into several doses, usually three or four. The treatment usually lasts from 5 to 10 days, and is not commonly repeated with the same drug even if the initial round was unsuccessful.
- Since the active ingredient in Flagyl, metronidazole, is mainly abolished from the organism by the liver, patients with reduced liver function and those affected by a liver disease (unrelated to the infection itself) may need to take reduced doses of this drug.
Flagyl Guidelines and Recommendations
If you wish to get the most benefit from using Flagyl, it may be wise to follow several simple guidelines intended to provide a safe and effective progression of treatment.
Some of the few noteworthy Flagyl guidelines consist of:
- Flagyl can be taken after a meal or on an empty stomach, whichever you feel more comfortable with. However, you should try to take your daily pills at the same time each day, as this will reduce the risk of side effects.
- Make sure to precisely follow your dosing schedule when taking Flagyl. Certain conditions may require somewhat elaborate dosing regimens, but all of these actions are required in order to successfully cure the infection. Do not skip your indicated doses or adjust the amount of medication you take without first addressing your concerns (if any) with your doctor.
- If you feel you need to stop using Flagyl for any reason during the treatment, you should do so after consulting your doctor. Discontinuing this drug before the total term of treatment is commenced may cause the bacteria to become resistant to future attempts at treatment, which may require additional, more complicated and expensive, means of remedy.
- Should you have any questions regarding the use of Flagyl, you can view all of the necessary information in the instructions leaflet provided along with the product. Also, the pharmacist present at the store will also be able to assist you, regardless of whether you buy metronidazole online or purchase it from a local store.
Flagyl Safety Details and Precautions
When you start the treatment with Flagyl, keep in mind that in addition to following the basic dosing and handling instructions, you will need to adhere to certain safety regulations in order to avoid encountering complications during the therapy. It may be necessary for you to contact your healthcare provider before you buy Flagyl online and start treatment, since this antibiotic is usually not considered the first row of treatments.
Other safety details include:
- In most cases when you are prescribed to treat a sexually transmitted disease using Flagyl, the mandatory practice is to inform your recent sexual partner(s) that they may have this conditions as well and may need proper treated.
- Flagyl, as well as other oral antibiotics, may in some cases affect the helpful bacteria that thrive in the digestive tract, causing mild diarrhea. This effect should cease as soon as you stop using Flagyl.
- You should not consume alcohol while using Flagyl, and for at least 3 days after the treatment is complete. When combined with alcohol, metronidazole may in some cases produce certain adverse symptoms similar to those of alcohol withdrawal, including nausea, vomiting, flushing, headaches, and shortness of breath.
- If you find yourself in occasional but insistent need of using Flagyl to cure infrequent or recurring infections of similar nature (or those affecting the same organs and systems over and over), know that this may be the case when bacteria develop resistance to a particular type of antibiotic, Flagyl being the one in this case. If you usually buy metronidazole online, be informed that you may need to start taking a different type of antibiotic to relieve your symptoms in the future.
- There were several reported cases of Flagyl-induced worsening of symptoms of a previously existing yeast infection. If you need to take Flagyl while experiencing the symptoms of this disease, you might need to take an anti-fungal medication as well, in order to reduce the possible risk.
- While you are being treated with Flagyl, you may need to take frequent blood tests, especially if you are suffering from a condition that impedes the function of your liver. Follow your doctor's instructions when using this antibiotic.
Flagyl Warnings and Restrictions
Before you can safely take Flagyl, it may be a good idea to receive proper consult from your doctor, especially if you are affected by one or more of the following conditions:
- Low while or red blood cell count,
- Seizure disorder, such as epilepsy,
- Stomach or intestinal problems,
- Liver disease or dysfunction,
- Nervous system problems.
You should not take Flagyl along with the following medications unless you have received specific instructions from your doctor on how to handle the treatment with the combination of these drugs:
- Anti-seizure meds such as phenytoin or phenobarbital,
- Blood thinner such as warfarin,
- Medications that contain lithium,
- Maraviroc (Selzentry),
- Eplerenone (Inspra),
- Ranolazine (Ranexa),
- Disulfiram (Antabuse),
- Cimetidine (Tagamet).