Buy Ofloxacin online
Consumer's Guide to Ofloxacin
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic that comes in several different formulations, allowing it to be used for a number of different purposes associated with bacterial infections that may affect the upper respiratory tract (throat and airways), the skin, urinary tract, reproductive organs, and several other systems. Eye drop and ear drop formulations are also available, and these are used to treat various infections affecting the eye(s) or ear(s). Ofloxacin should not be used in children or adolescents under 18 years of age.
On this page, we will talk in a little more detail about the oral formulation of Ofloxacin:
- As you may know, most antibiotics are designed to work only against certain types of bacteria, which is why it is always necessary to make sure that your problems are caused by something that can be treated with a particular antibiotic before you buy Ofloxacin online (or any other drug for that matter). Ofloxacin is a so called "broad-spectrum" antibiotic, meaning that it may be useful against a wide variety of types of bacteria, however there are still certain types of infection that Ofloxacin will not be useful against.
- Just as any other medication labeled as an antibiotic, Ofloxacin will not treat any conditions that were caused by something other than bacteria, including viruses, fungi, and certain other types of infection. That is, you cannot treat the flu or common cold with Ofloxacin, and you may need to perform several tests to make sure your condition can be treated with this drug.
- Ofloxacin works by preventing the growth and disrupting form-stability of the bacteria. Ofloxacin shares its working mechanism with several other drugs, generally known as fluoroquinolone antibiotics, including such medications as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin) and norfloxacin (Noroxin).
What Ofloxacin is Used for and Why
Conditions that can be treated with Ofloxacin include:
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis),
- Prostate infections (prostatitis),
- Bladder infections (cystitis),
- Respiratory tract infections, including bronchitis and pneumonia,
- Certain forms of gonorrhea and chlamydia infections affecting female reproductive organs.
This list does not contain all of the possible applications for this drug. In general, Ofloxacin can be used to treat any kind of infection caused by the indicated types of bacteria, but it should be noted that if the disease is not included in the official list of indicated conditions (provided along with the drug), using Ofloxacin to treat the aforementioned condition is considered off-label, and should only be performed under strict surveillance by your healthcare provider, whether you decide to buy Ofloxacin online or purchase it from a local pharmacy.
Ofloxacin Recommended Dosage
The most commonly prescribed dose of Ofloxacin for people without kidney problems is 200-400 mg, taken once every 12 hours (in the morning and before bedtime). If you are suffering from a condition that somehow impedes the function of your kidneys, you should take a reduced dose of this medication, usually being the normal dose cut by half. Note that several other factors may also contribute to the adjustments of the effective dose, such as your age, weight, and presence of other health problems.
Basic Information on How to Use Ofloxacin
It may be advantageous to follow certain guidance tips when using this medication, especially if you plan to buy Ofloxacin online.
Some of these tips include:
- It is advised to try and take your daily doses of Ofloxacin at the same time each day. This way the amount of medication in your blood can be kept at a constant level, which will enable a more consistent therapeutic effect with less of risk of adverse reactions.
- Your symptoms may improve before the designated treatment period is complete - even if that happens, you should still continue taking your daily pills as prescribed. Broad spectrum antibiotics such as Ofloxacin may act to quickly suppress the bacteria, forcing those that are not destroyed to be put in a dormant state and reemerge should you stop taking this medication too soon.
- You can take Ofloxacin after a meal or on an empty stomach. Always swallow the pills whole - do not crush, chew, or otherwise divide them into smaller doses. Drink plenty of fluids while using this medication, especially after each intake.
- As with any antibiotic, it is very important to stick to your prescribed dosing schedule and continue taking your daily doses for as long as necessary, without skipping. If you miss even a single dose, you may need to take specific steps to continue your treatment. These depend on your particular dosage regimen and condition being treated. Be sure to ask your doctor for detailed instructions on what to do if you miss a dose of Ofloxacin.
Things to Look Out for when Using Ofloxacin
Whether you are using Ofloxacin to treat a minor infection or taking to counteract a major disorder, you will still need to keep close watch for any adverse reactions that may appear during the treatment. Although this drug is not commonly know to cause any serious complications, certain patients may be put at a greater risk of adverse side effects depending on the condition of their health and other medications they may be taking.
Some of the most common precautions are listed below:
- Older patients may need to exercise caution when using this medication, especially if they experience problems with their tendons (pain, soreness, joint stiffness), have a heart condition (or are on a pacemaker, have long QT syndrome), or have reduced kidney function, which may be present to a certain degree in the majority of patients over 50 years old. Some people may only need a reduced dose of Ofloxacin, while others may need to abstain from using this antibiotic and try a different medication. Other drugs you may be using (e.g. corticosteroids) may also affect the dosage in this case.
- Most oral antibiotics, including Ofloxacin, may in some cases affect the non-harmful bacteria in the digestive tract, enabling other bacteria to grow freely. If left alone, the other bacteria may potentially cause great harm to the organism, and must be treated using a different form of antibiotic. You will need to infrequently visit your doctor during the treatment with Ofloxacin and a few weeks after, to ensure that you are unaffected by this reaction. That includes those patients who buy Ofloxacin online.
- When using Ofloxacin, make sure you take it at least 2 hours apart from certain medication that it may interact with. To get a complete list of these medications, you will need to contact your doctor or pharmacist, but some of the most common drugs that may cause complications include:
- Sucralfate, quinapril,
- Zinc, calcium or iron supplements,
- Any medication containing magnesium or aluminum,
Important Safety Precautions for Ofloxacin
Patients with certain health problems may need to take special safety measures when using Ofloxacin, especially if they have any of the following:
- Problems with your joints or tendons
- Seizure disorder such as epilepsy,
- Kidney or liver disease,
- Nervous system disorder,
- Myasthenia gravis.
Certain symptoms of nervous system problems may occur at a greater frequency when taking Ofloxacin, including such effects as:
- Dizziness, confusion, vertigo
- Trouble sleeping, nightmares,
- Anxiety, agitation, nervousness,
- Seizures, muscle spasms,